|Yelden Parish Records 1602-1812
Dr. F. G. Emmison published the surviving Yelden Parish Registers in 1933 under the auspices of the County Records Committee of the Bedfordshire County Council and the Ven. Archdeacon of Bedford, and with permission from the rector, the Rev R Paddick.
It was signed by Dr Emmison, who was then Clerk of Records for Bedforshire, as number 36 of a publication of 75 copies, and is volume VII of the series. Rushden Research purchased a copy of this, at a sale of surplus books at the County Record Office.
To produce the book, Dr Emmison transcribed the parish records and then cross checked them with the Bishop Transcripts (BT’s) and added any extra information. The BT’s survive from 1602 but are missing for 1618, 1633, 1636-7, 1641-52. The first register was lost and the second volume starts in 1653.
The transcript has now been re-typed into Rushden Research format for our website project.