The Rushden Argus 25th July 1919, transcribed by Susan Manton
The County Red Cross Committee has presented Rushden and District with a splendid motor ambulance one of the many that are no longer required for war work. It is to be stationed at Rushden and is also for the use of Irthlingborough, Higham Ferrers and Raunds.
The van was presented to the Red Cross by the Royal Society of Plumbers and is practically new. Painted a dark green, it has a powerful G.M.C. engine and its interior is equipped to carry two and if necessary four stretcher cases with an attendant. Electric lighting is arranged for. The van is to be managed by a committee of Ambulance and Council representatives from the four towns.