No 34 - we believe this may have been a garage for company cars of
the CWS Boot Factory
Please can you help with more information?
The new offices being built in 1920.
W Wood, carpenter, is standing left of the corner post above the gateway, long before any 'Health & Safety' regulations!
Rushden Echo, 17th December 1920
Accident - Mr. W. Sharpe, of Higham-road, whilst at work on the C.W.S. new buildings, Rectory-road, was moving a big stone slab when it slipped from his grasp and fell on to his leg. The stone was quickly removed and Mr. J. Burt rendered first aid. Mr. Sharpe was taken to Dr. Owen's surgery and an examination proved that the injuries were confined to cuts and bruises.
Trademark of the CWS Boot Company
Rushden Echo, 27th November 1908
C.W.S. The Co-operative Wholesale Society have taken the factory in Victoria-road, recently vacated by Messrs. Knight and Brightwell, and will use it as a stock-room until the extensions at the Portland-road factory are completed.